FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Welcome!

Hi, everyone! Welcome to my blog. Thanks for taking the time to read all of my raves, rants, and reviews... and most of all for sharing in my love of makeup. As I’m starting this blog, I’ve been reflecting on when my passion for cosmetics began. Looking back, my earliest makeup memory was receiving one of those life-sized Barbie heads you could primp and style. You know, those plastic busts that, in retrospect, were pretty creepy (see below for a more modern and, in my opinion, less charming model) and could be adorned with all shades of blue and purple shadow and powder pink lipstick.
I remember spending hours with Barbie, perfecting her various “looks”. What a thrill it was to be painting such a pretty canvas.  
Ever since, I’ve been fascinated with how makeup can be used in creative ways to not only change one’s look, but also one’s mood, style, and energy. And indeed my makeup techniques have always been “creative” throughout my life. Whether it be the time I used watercolour paints to do me and my sister’s “makeup” before church one Saturday evening (wow, I wish I had a picture of that!), or the varying shades of green lipstick or sapphire blue eye shadow that I proudly flaunted in high school (evidence below!), the creative side of makeup has always been what has most drawn me to it. Even today, when my makeup look is (luckily) a bit more subdued, I still hold that the best approach to makeup is one that is vibrant, fearless, and fun. I’m hoping that attitude will be a staple of this blog.

Circa 1999

 Looking forward to sharing my passion, knowledge, and ideas with all of you! J

3 comments:

  1. This is the best and most exciting beauty blog I've ever visited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike! Glad you liked it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, Your site is beautiful like you and sounds very intelligent, also like you. You're doing a great job and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy reading it as much as you're enjoying posting the pictures and info. Keep up the good work! I'm proud of you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)