FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Three Cheers for Back 2 MAC!

For many years (as long as I can remember!) MAC has offered a recycling program that is beneficial both to the environment and to my ever-growing MAC collection. The incentive is called "Back 2 MAC", and is superbly easy to use. All you have to do is round up 6 empty containers, then trade them in for one new product of your choice. At MAC counters, you can trade in for any lipstick, and at MAC store locations, you can trade for a lipstick, lipglass, or eyeshadow. Amazing!

So this is what I did this afternoon. Below are my 6 empties, which consisted of a completely smashed highlighting powder (due to my butter fingers!), a nearly used-up eyeshadow I haven't touched in years, three old lip glosses that had gone a bit funky, and a pressed powder that had fallen into the dank crevices behind my toiled (butter fingers strike again!). I brought them to the MAC store in the Eaton Centre, and like magic *Poof*...

My 6 B2M Empties


... they were transformed into this brand-new lipstick, at no cost to me. Ta-Da!

My free B2M Lipstick!

The colour I chose was Impassioned, a bright, cheery vibrant pink shade with a slight peachy undertone (regular price $17.50 CAD). It's an Amplified Creme formula, which means that it's highly pigmented with a creamy satin (but not shimmery) finish. I fell in love with the shade at first swipe!

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Impassioned


Here are a couple pictures of what Impassioned looks like on my lips:


MAC Impassioned Lipstick on my lips and against my NC20 skin



So, there it is. I received a brand new lipstick for exactly $0, got to remove my clutter-causing empties, and made an earth-conscious choice by recycling, rather than tossing them. I really think Impassioned is the perfect vibrant summer lipstick. And to prove it, here's a picture of me wearing it while enjoying a sunny afternoon in the park:


Yay for Summer!! :)
 Thanks for reading, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! And yes, I'm very happy about the summer weather! Too much rain, not enough sunshine.

    About a month ago I decided to get into the orange trend, and I treated myself to a MAC cremesheen lipstick in "Ravishing." It's a nice, wearable mix of tangerine and coral. I like it, but you need to wear gloss on top.

    I now know to keep my old MAC products on hand. I think I've thrown out two lip glasses over the last few years!

    Enjoy the TO weather and I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)