FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 24 November 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 15: YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte

My lipstick choice for Day 15 is another that I've spoken about on the blog previously- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte. As I've gushed about before, the packaging for these lipsticks is super unique and luxurious, and Rose Culte is likewise a chic and beautiful shade.

Here is a picture of the lipstick packaging (Rose Culte is on the right- you can tell by the colour-coordinated stripe on the tube!):


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipsticks (L: Tender Peach and R: Rose Culte)

And here are a couple pictures of it in the tube (on the right), pictured with its makeup sibling YSL Rouge Volupte in Tender Peach (which I reviewed here http://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/30-days-of-lipstick-day-7-ysl-rouge.html ): 


YSL Rouge Voluptes in (L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte


(L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte close up

Rose Culte is a deep and vibrant berry shade that works wonderfully with a more subdued eye. And it's a perfect rich colour for fall! It offers great colour pigmentation, but feels quite light and comfortable on the lips. Sometimes you get what you pay for!

Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:


Me wearing YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte

In sunlight



The Verdict

Pros:
  • Gorgeous berry shade that I think would suit all skin tones (with either warm or cool undertones)
  • Great colour payoff (a little goes a long way), but does not feel sticky or heavy on the lips
  • Perfect rich shade for fall!
  • Beautiful, luxurious packaging!
Cons:
  • This may be too bold for those who prefer more subtle shades
  • This is quite pricey (nearly $40 CAD), so it would definitely be a splurge!

Although I don't reach for Rose Culte on a super frequent basis, this is only because the colour is quite deep and bold (which does not look best when I am wearing darker shades on my eyes) and has nothing to do with the quality of the product. This lipstick is top-notch in terms of quality of pigmentation and shade, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new luxe lipstick for fall!

1 comment:

  1. Love the color on you! I just bought this shade and hopefully it will suit me!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)