FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Ever-Versatile Urban Decay Mariposa Palette, Part 2: Jewel-Toned Brights

In my last post, I reviewed one of my favourite versatile eyeshadow products, Urban Decay's Mariposa Palette. You can find more pictures and a thorough description of the palette here: ttp://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.ca/2012/04/ever-versatile-urban-decay-mariposa.html.  The first look I created was neutral and earthy (which can also be found at the previous link), and this time around I opted for something a little brighter and edgier, because who doesn't want a pop of colour in the springtime!?

I've highlighted the shades from the palette that were used for this look, specifically Rockstar, Skimp, Infamous, and Haight:




I started out by applying Skimp all over the lid and on the brow bone and inner corners of my eyes as a highlight. It's the perfect creamy ivory shade to start off a look! I next applied Rockstar, a matte eggplant shade, to my crease and outer corner, creating a subtle "V" shape. Here's what it looked like :





Next, to add a pop of colour, I applied Infamous, a vivid magenta, to the centre of my lid, blending outward, and just above my crease, combining it with Rockstar. Here's what it looked like at this point:






Next, I wanted to introduce a contrasting bright shade to the look, so I applied MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Undercurrent (an amazing, creamy gilded turquoise) to my lower lashline. The colour was quite intense, so I subdued it slightly by applying Haight eyeshadow from the Mariposa palette over top. Here's what that looked like:






Eyeliner was next! I first applied a thick line of Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Ransom (a creamy, bright purple) to my upper lashline, winging it slightly. To add further definition, I added a thin line of Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black over top of the Ransom. Here's what that looked like:






To finish off the eye look, I applied two coats of Clinique's High Impact Mascara in Black. It always gives me bold, clump-free lashes! Here's the completed look:






And within the context of the entire face:







Overall, I had a lot of fun with this look! I don't wear bright eyeshadows on a regular basis anymore (they were a staple in high school), so creating a look like this always makes me feel creative and youthful :) Let me know what you think of it!

Thanks for reading xo



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! One of my favorite eye tutorials you've done so far.

    You need to rock this look on date night... or, when I come visit and we hit the town :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww- thanks so much! I'd be happy to re-create this next time we have a night out :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)