FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 12 April 2014

Nail of the Day: Essie Smokin' Hot

Happy weekend, everyone! A few weeks ago I shared with you my stash of yet-unused nail polishes. Too many for my liking! So I've dedicated myself to showing love to my nails more often and here we have another Nail of the Day as a result! Today's nail polish pick is one that I saw on More Rebe, one of my favourite Toronto-based beauty blogs, and I instantly knew I needed it! 


Essie Smokin' Hot Nail Lacquer comes in the typical Essie rectangular glass bottle with a white cap:



Smokin' Hot is (appropriately) a smokey purple grey with a slightly shiny finish. In some lighting it looks like a simple deep grey, nearly black, and in others the purple hue is more apparent. None of my photos here capture the true purple tone of this shade, but hopefully you still get the general idea! 


I used two coats of the polish to achieve the opacity and finish seen in these photos. It applied evenly and smoothly and the wear time was impressive! Very minimal chipping after a whole week. Not bad at all!


While Smokin' Hot may not be your typical Spring shade, it's one that I'll be wearing all-year round because of the stunning, smoky colour and the amazing long-wear formula. It's a great alternative to a simple black polish and looks super flattering on the nails. It's a keeper!

Do you have any favourite nearly-black nail polishes? What are your favourite Essie nail polishes?

Have a wonderful weekend! xo

17 comments:

  1. That is a super cute colour, I love their pastel varnishes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty colour! I haven't tried any from Essie yet, I definitely need to :) xx

    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is so pretty, I love it! You can't go wrong with Essie, it's one of my favourite brands for nail polish

    Kimberley // Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicee doll<3
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour!
    Perfect for any month of the year :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour is great ♥ love it dear
    xx
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's quite pretty, and you're right, it's not your typical Spring colour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smokin' Hot is one of my fa Essies! I wore it through the whole winter, the shade is gorgeous :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely colour
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a great color for a night out

    http://www.cindyslittleblackbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a stunning color! Happy Monday. :)



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (i follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gray is one of my all time favourite polish shades (next to mint!). Essie does gray so well. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This colour is gorgeous and very elegant!
    P.S I'm running a giveaway at the moment if you want to enter:) x
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh I can feel myself getting addicted to Essie already :D This shade is awesome, already got my eye on a few but I'm adding this to the wishlist!

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vioz Unisex salon in delhi offers you one of the best women, men's and kid’s beauty parlor and salon in Palam Colony Dwarka and Delhi NCR. we also provide hair extensions, blow dry styling, spa services, waxing, manicure pedicure and bridal makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. MascaraGreat survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response.

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)