FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 14 November 2014

Look of the Day: Cranberry, Mandarin, Raspberry, and Honey

Happy Friday, everyone! The title of today's Look of the Day sounds like some sort of sweet, delicious concoction and in a way it is- a concoction of colour! For this look, I gathered my favourite tones of berries, bronzes, and oranges and mashed them up to create one of my favourite Fall makeup combinations to date. Yum! 

The inspiration for this look not only came from my desire to use all of the foody-themed shades in my stash, but also from this fab tutorial from Procrastinating Pretty. You should check it out!


For the complexion, I opted for a flawless, yet glowy base. I used Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme Foundation in Buff to even things out completely, then topped it with the wonderfully luminous Inglot HD Illuminizing Pressed Powder #504. On the cheeks, I went for perhaps my favourite orange-peach hue, MAC Satin Blush in Modern Mandarin. It's a stunner that really can be worn year round to impart a warm flush. 



For the eyes, I layered two of the richest, most unique shadows in my stash. I started by applying Clinique's All About Shadow in Black Honey, a deep rosy copper-bronze shade, into my lash line and blending it all the way up to the crease. I then smudged some of MAC Cranberry to the centre of the lid, diffusing the colour outward. They really melded together so beautifully! I also smudged a touch of Black Honey on my lower lash line for an extra sultry feel. 

On the lips, I applied a generous layer of Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roundest Raspberry, which is a stunning blue-toned, shiny berry. It proved to be a perfect pair with MAC Cranberry!


The Breakdown:

Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme Foundation in Buff
Concealer: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up NC20 (on blemishes and redness)
Powder: Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot (lightly on t-zone) and Inglot HD Illuminizing Pressed Powder #504 (all over)

Highlight: BeneFit Watt's Up (on cheekbones and bridge of nose)

Contour: Kevin Aucoin the Sculpting Powder in Medium
Blush: MAC Satin Blush in Modern Mandarin


Brows: Chantecaille Waterproof Brow Definer in Ash Blonde topped with Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula
Eye Shadows: Clinique All About Shadow in Black Honey (all over lid, blended up to the crease) and MAC Cranberry eye shadow (concentrated on centre of lid, blended out)

Eyeliner: Clinique Quickliner Intense in Intense Chocolate (on upper lash line) and NYX Wonder Pencil in Light (on lower waterline)
Mascara: Clinique High Impact in Black

Lips: 
Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roundest Raspberry

And a few more shots of the look:






To keep it short and sweet- I was super happy with this colour combination and will be reaching for it often this Fall! All four of the featured products, Modern Mandarin, Black Honey, Cranberry, and Roundest Raspberry are all must- haves in my opinion. Each is a complete stunner!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! xo

23 comments:

  1. You've sold me on Mac Cranberry! I love that you used a brighter lip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this look. You've totally inspired me to pull out my black honey eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely stunning and these colours look too good on you! I seriously want to try this on myself as well as I feel that this look could go with any/every skin tone. Good job!!!

    Much love,

    https://alyshamdn.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alysha! Hope you gave this look a try :)

      Delete
  4. I love the eye makeup in this look!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always put the most impossible colors together and make them work!!! Teach me how to make something like Cranberry look wearable LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Sunny! I've found that layering Cranberry with a more neutral, bronze shade works really well! xo

      Delete
  6. yea after watching the video, i wore the look the next day. sometimes forget how much i like cranberries and golds together.


    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Her video was definitely some great inspiration :)

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! Although the title makes me think of a very Summery salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mac blush looks gorgeous on you, it really suits your skin tone - love this look!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how sweet and warm this look is! need this lip colour too! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the photos and this look! you're so pretty! _^

    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. that lip color!!! <3 <3
    You look amazing (as always!)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Louise! You're too sweet :)

      Delete
  12. Your hair is THE perfect blonde. Compliments your skin tone so well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, Marlen, thanks so much for your ever-sweet comments! Always so thrilled to provide some makeup inspiration. Modern Mandarin is sooo worth checking out. It's a perfect orange blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl you make that cranberry eyeshadow WERK. Thanks for the mention!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jenn! My pleasure- your video was great! xo

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)