FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 22 November 2014

That Time I Met Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo!

Hi, everyone! I'll keep this one short and sweet, as I'm off to IMATS momentarily (yay!), but I had to share with you the amazing experience I had last night. I was lucky enough to be invited to a Real Techniques Roadshow event where I got to meet Sam and Nic in the flesh!

I have been watching these lovely, talented ladies on their Pixiwoo Youtube channel for years and have been a serious advocate of their Real Techniques makeup brushes since they launched in Canada earlier last year. As someone who has been ever-passionate about makeup and always looking to expand my makeup artistry skills, these ladies have been a serious inspiration!


A group of fellow bloggers and I were invited to the event by FarleyCo, one of the Canadian distributors of Real Techniques. It was held in the private dining area of the Joey Eaton Centre restaurant, which was quite the chic, sleek, locale! 

There were Real Techniques brushes arranged artfully around the room, as well as a delicious selection of treats and beverages. 





But the first thing that caught my eye upon entering the venue was that Sam and Nic had already begun meeting the crowd, eagerly posing for photos with all of the guests. I might have jumped or did a little dance when I actually spotted them; although I knew they'd be in attendance, it was still quite the surreal, exciting moment!

I had a nice little chat with the ladies before our photo op, and they were as warm and sweet as they seem in their videos. They actually complimented my blush and highlighter, which pretty much made my life! 



After photo ops and hors d'oeurves, the ladies sat down for a Q and A session with the crowd. They shared with us the development of the Real Techniques line, as well as how they built their YouTube channel into the powerhouse it is today.





Not only was it a thrill to meet Sam and Nic, it was a pleasure, as always, to spend the evening with my fellow bloggers. We got to fangirl up a storm and chat about makeup over a glass of wine. Does it get any better than that? :)

The 4 Jen(n)s unite!

Overall, the event was an incredible opportunity to rub elbows with two of my makeup idols as well as my like-minded makeup-obsessed friends. I have to send out a huge thank you to FarleyCo for the invitation!

21 comments:

  1. Wow this event looks so incredible! I agree with Sam and Nic, your blush looks great! Glad you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! Yes, your blush really looks amazing :)!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a cool experience for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow how amazing! x

    www.lovevintageonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing event to go to! Sam and Nic look so lovely and friendly! I love watching their videos! And that's a lot of Jen's!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was a lot of Jens! And yes, they were incredibly friendly :)

      Delete
  6. What a cool event! I hope they do an event in Vancouver some day

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! It looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all the jen-ns!!! lol
    i loved that you loved seeing them.!


    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO jealous you got to meet pixiwoo! D: Urgh, they are SO beautiful and amazing and talented. I'm a huge fangirl! I'd probably beg them to come out with more brushes lololololololol
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they said that they are going to be releasing some new brushes next year!! And yes, I was totally fangirling. Love those gals! xo

      Delete
  10. that dress color fits you perfectly! you look divine

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks like a great event! everyone looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  12. How amazing you got to meet them :D you all look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They truly are! So stunning in person :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)