FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 29 December 2014

2014 Look of the Day Recap: Makeup for Every Month!

Hi, everyone! Cliche, but true- it's so hard to believe 2014 is nearly over! This year has brought so many positive events in my life- a trip to NYC, finishing a year-long internship, moving in with my boyfriend, and securing my first-ever clinical job! It also was a big year for the blog- I got to work with some amazing brands, meet Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo, attend my first ever IMATS and, in the process, got acquainted with so many Toronto-area bloggers, which has been such a pleasure! 

In addition to reflecting on accomplishments, I thought it would be a fun and colourful pursuit to look back at my favourite makeup looks of 2014, highlighting one for every month! I saw one of my favourite bloggers, Viola from Killer Colours, share a similar post, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and create my own version of the 2014 Makeup Recap! 


January
In January I was still revelling in some deep, vampy, badass sort of shades. This look featured a few new goodies from MAC, including Cranberry eye shadow and Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Good to be Bad. (Original post, here). 



February
In February, I was having a ball testing out my brand new Urban Decay Shattered Face Case. It offered some gorgeous shades of pink and purple, which made for a perfect Valentine's sort of look! (Original post, here). 




March
March gave me the opportunity to re-create my favourite look from the Academy Awards. My chosen Oscars look was that worn my Olivia Wilde, a '60s-inspired look that was all about bold liner and peachy lips and cheeks. I'm really missing my haircut from this time- must go for a snip soon! (Original post, here). 



April
In April I was eager to flaunt my favourite budget picks, including a floral headband that made me feel like a fairy princess! The look featured some pretty drugstore goodies from NYC, Hard Candy, Wet N' Wild, and Revlon. (Original post, here). 



May
In May, my main muse was Maleficent. I used the MAC Maleficent eye shadow quad to create a warm, sultry eye, and a ton of Kevin Aucoin Sculpting Powder to emulate the Disney villain's killer cheekbones. (Original post, here).



June
In June, I picked up the amazing Marc Jacobs The Siren eye shadow palette, which features a stunning array of vibrant shades. The purchase was perfectly timed with the Pride celebrations in Toronto, so I created a rainbow-coloured eye look in honour of the event! (Original post, here). 



July
In late June I was thrilled to win a selection of vibrantly-hued goodies from Dior's It-Lash collection, courtesy of the lovely Dave Lackie. I was eager to put these parrot-inspired shades to good use, and this was the final result! (Original post, here). 



August
Clearly the summertime was all about bright colour! This look featured the unique and eccentric Illamasqua Fundamental Palette, which houses a killer mix of yellow, purple, aqua, and silver. (Original post, here). 



September
September signaled the grand opening of the Inglot Toronto store and I responded by picking up a variety of Fall-ready shades from the brand. This look was all about rich royal purples and antique golds. (Original post, here). 



October
October is great for so many reasons... falling leaves, spicy lattes, and Halloween! My first Halloween look this year channeled a sultry Siren from the deep. Had so much fun creating this one! (Original post, here). 



November
November is the month where things start to get festive, and I created an Autumn look inspired by some perfectly festive foods- cranberry, honey, mandarin, and raspberries. This look was also the winner of Savvyist's Holiday Glam Challenge! (Original post, here). 



December
Finally, a look that is a holiday classic! You can't go wrong with golden eyes and red lips for Christmas, and a retro touch never hurts! MAC Lady Danger let me channel my inner femme fatale, while still remaining on Santa's nice list :) (Original post, here). 


So there you have it! My fave Looks of the Day from each month in 2014! I have so much fun putting these looks together. From the nearly-nude to the theatrical, painting my face is always such a joy and I hope that enthusiasm translates onto the screen. I feel lucky to get to harness my passion for makeup in this way and all the support I receive from my readers is really the icing on the cake. I couldn't do it without you!

Which of these makeup looks is your favourite? What kinds of looks did you like to create in 2014?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

44 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a great post! These looks take me back man, haha, oh the mems! It's crazy to think that they were done so long ago, this year has really gone in the blink of an eye :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The year really did fly by! Thanks so much, Tasha :)

      Delete
  2. Love this recap! Ahh... October... What a whimsically magical look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah. I had tons of fun with that look :)

      Delete
  3. I love the recap! My fave has to be the July look! So colorful!!!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deniz! That was one of my favourites too :)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post!!! I love January the most :D. i always really enjoy the way you make gold eyes, a good blush and a bold lip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bella! Seeing January's look made me want to pull out those shades, pronto! xo

      Delete
  5. Ah Jen, you know I can never decide on which of your looks is my fav! Everything totally suits you and you sure know how to work those colors :). What a doll!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so, so much, Gita! You are always so sweet :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jen, I love each of these looks, you can wear vibrant and muted colors all alike, all of them look good on you.
    I am excited to see your looks in 2015 too! Xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sara! Your support means so much!

      Delete
  7. I love all of them but I have to say I have a preference for the one of March!!! The haircut is super cute as well!!!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year already Jen!
    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | TOO FACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Alexandra! March's look is making me want to go for a haircut asap ;)

      Delete
  8. It's so nice to look through your blog and see how things changed throughout the year! Also, how gorgeous are all of these looks?! I especially love your Halloween look :)
    Glad you had a good year; here's to the next one!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much, Louise! I had so much fun with the Halloween looks this year :)

      Delete
  9. I love love love love LOOOOOVE July's look! AMAZING!

    And of course your Halloween look was such a killer as well.

    Very neat idea for a blog post... it's a cute way to summarize a year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love every single look you've featured here on your blog! October is by far my favorite, its just so magical!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your support this year, Pauline! I had so much fun with my Halloween looks this year :)

      Delete
  11. Love all of your looks, especially the March one! It's really pretty!
    Looking forward to more gorgeous looks from you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting mix of looks over the year. I'm sure if you looked at all of mine they would be neutral and all look very similar. I'm going to really try to be more adventurous this coming year!

    Rebecca | morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rebecca! Glad I've inspired you to play with colour this year :)

      Delete
  13. It's been a big year for you, Jen! Thanks for the round-up of all your prettiest looks: I can never get enough of them! Totally mesmerized by that August look. Can't wait to see more of the good stuff in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Sunny! Your kind words and support always mean so much! xo

      Delete
  14. I saw Viola's post, too, and thought it was a great idea! I love your round-up. October's choice is particularly stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this post, girl! It was super fun looking back at the year through your makeup looks, I dig it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your stunning looks. *__*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these looks!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wished I had your creativity when it comes to putting together makeup looks! These look amazing :) It's hard to pick a favourite, but girl, you can rock any lipstick colour!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I noticed that you said you finished up an internship this year and started a clinical job?? Did you do a Masters in Psych? I'm just doing a counselling internship right now and should be done around May :)

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing, Ashley, congrats! I'm actually just finishing up my PhD in Clinical Psych. Completed my internship in August and am now working in private practice.

      Delete
  20. Great idea for a post. All the looks are beautiful. Happy new year, babe! Wish you the best for 2015 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Coco! The same to you! xo

      Delete
  21. Your Halloween makeup is amazing!! Love all the looks! :)

    xo, Katy
    http://www.mylifeaskaty.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! Loving January and December the most - they are beaut! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. YASSSSS!! Seriously loved this post, because it showcased how diverse your looks are! It can get pretty boring seeing the same neutral looks on blogs all the time, but I can count on you to bring your A game :')

    (I agree, you need a hair chop because you look like a princess/fairy in the March photo!)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)