FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Look of the Day: Summer Party #2

Hi, everyone! It's only Wednesday morning but I'm already pining for last weekend, which was properly filled with celebration. I was in my hometown for a couple of fun-, friend-, and family-packed days and it could not have been a better time. With temperatures high, I opted for easy, yet long-wearing and festive makeup looks to sport at the festivities. In my last post, I shared with you a bronzey eye and faded coral lip Look of the Day and today's look is all about lush green eyes and a nude-mauve pout. 


The only eye shadow that I brought home for the weekend was the Wet N' Wild Colour Icon Palette in Comfort Zone (look at me being minimal!) and it did not come up short. It is beyond versatile and absolutely stunning to boot! For this look, I drew from the right side of the palette, which features some stunning green shades. I applied the lime shadow all over my lid as an illuminating base, then created some definition by painting the outer corners of my eye with the deep mossy green. For a hint of neutral, I swept the pale taupe shade from Comfort Zone in my crease and added some light with the ivory shadow on my brow bones and inner corners of the eye. 

I wanted to keep the cheeks neutral, but ultra dewy, so I reached for my much-loved Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop (a warm, tawny peach) and one of the most gorgeous highlighters out there (sorry, it was limited edition!), MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light Year

For the lips, I aimed for a lush, neutral finish. I started by outlining and filling in my lips with the wonderfully creamy Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve (which I got in a recent Christmas in July swap; more on that soon!) and then layered on some swipes of Annabelle's Stay Sharp Waterproof Lipliner in Java for an extra neutral hue. I topped the liners with my favourite nude gloss of the moment, NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu and voila! A completed Summer Party look! 



The Breakdown:

Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme Makeup in Buff
Concealer: Inglot Under Eye Concealer #95 (on dark circles) and Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory (on redness and blemishes)

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Wearing Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural  (on t-zone) and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (lightly all over)

Bronzer: Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Hula Hula

Blush: Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop
Highlighter: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Light Year (LE)

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: From the Wet N' Wild Colour Icon Palette in Comfort Zone (lime green shade all over the lid and along lower lash line, deep green shade on outer corners, pale taupe in the crease, and ivory shade on brow bones and inner corners of the eye)

Eyeliner: Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #48
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real

Lipliner: Essence Lipliner in Satin Mauve layered with Annabelle StaySharp Waterproof Lipliner in Java

Lip Gloss: NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu 


And a few more shots of the look:




I think I say the exact same thing every time I play with green eye shadows, but seriously- I need to do it more often! Tropical, lush green tones are so perfect for humid summer days and are also a way to play with colour on the eyes without getting too neon or dramatic. Anyone can wear these shades- I promise! 

I hope you've enjoyed my easy, wearable, (mostly) affordable Summer Party looks this week- I plan to sport them all summer long, even when the festive highlight of my weekend is buying fancy cheese at the grocery store or shopping for a new pair of yoga pats. Channelling my inner Summer Party is always possible!

Have an incredible day! xo

31 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty shade of golden green! Very summery!
    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green. This is my favourite summer look so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Charissa! I love greens for summertime :)

      Delete
  3. You look stunning! Love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen Comfort Zone look so stunning. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Chelle! I had not used the greens in Comfort Zone in ages- so glad I gave it a go :)

      Delete
  5. That green brings out your eyes so nicely! Love the lip too.. and those CHEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous look jenn. I'd never thought that a wet and wild shadow palette can deliver such beautiful results! Totally brings out your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miranda! The Comfort Zone palette is one of the best budget makeup items out there :)

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful look. I definitely need to dig out my Comfort Zone palette more often :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should- it's amazing! Thanks so much, Kelly :)

      Delete
  8. I was honestly expecting your eyeshadow to be from a super expensive brand. Can't believe it's wnw! It honestly look AMAZING! Really love this look, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Natalie! Comfort Zone is one of the best budget makeup items I've ever tried! :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous make up, your eyelashes look so long!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Falasha! Benefit's They're Real mascara goes a long way to keep my lashes looking long :)

      Delete
  10. You are so pretty! And your skin looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Aamzing photos.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!

    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the hint of green and your skin is so dewy! Love.
    I blog here:
    www.lovelifepearls.com
    www.lovelifepearls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love wearing green shadows for summertime :)

      Delete
  13. I love what you have done here Jen! I own that wnw palette but never used it-I need to get it out! I don't think I own Light Year but I love Lightscapade!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should definitely give it a go, Stacey! I think you'd love the green shades. Ah, Lightscapade has been on my wishlist since it first came out about 10 years ago!

      Delete
  14. Love the green eyes! Greens are definitely one of my fave colours to play with. I'll have to keep an eye out for this palette xx
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The palette really is top-notch! Glad you love green shadows too- they really are tons of fun :)

      Delete
  15. I could never work this kind of combination adn this looks amazing on you! Green can be such a tricky colour to wear for me but you rocked it Jen!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! Greens can be easier to wear than you think! :)

      Delete
  16. Satin mauve looks brilliant on you - I'm almost tempted to recreate this look myself I like it so much!
    Ginger Pop looks like a great shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should give it a try! I'd love to see your version :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)