FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 19 December 2015

Festive Look of the Day #3: Golden Olive/Wild Child

Hi, everyone! It's the weekend and I'm on vacation! Not to gloat, but I'm pretty freakin' excited that I'm heading to my hometown today to spend 9 days with family essentially in my pj's eating delicious foods the whole time (and playing with my adorable niece). What's not to love!? In that spirit, we're continuing with another Festive Look of the Day today, with a pretty simple premise. When you think of Christmas colours, red and green are the classic standouts. So today's look is all about sporting shades of red and green, but in a totally wearable way. Let's get to it! 


For the green-hued eye makeup, I reached for some of my favourite shades from MAC. I started by applying Sumptuous Olive, a mid-tone olive green with gold shimmer, all over the lid, blending up to the crease. For some extra depth and a pop of colour, I swept Humid eye shadow along the upper lash line, blending upwards and smudged along the lower lash line. It's such a gorgeous deep jewel-toned green! I then applied Patina, a neutral grey-brown with subtle green undertones, in my crease as a transition shade, and then used Retrospeck, a shimmery champagne, as a highlight on my brow bones and inner corners of the eye. For liner, I chose MAC's Pearglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line, a creamy black with golden green shimmer. It complemented the shadows perfectly! 

In contrast the eyes, the lips and cheeks were all about shades of red. I grabbed my new favourite bold blush, H&M Beauty's Powder Blush in Imperial Red (a killer coral red with a soft gold sheen), applying it to the apples of my cheeks, blending up to the temples. To add some extra glow to the skin, I brushed some of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl to the high points of my face. It's magical stuff! Finally, to maintain this look as balanced and wearable, I chose a red lip shade with a sheer, slightly shiny texture. My pick was Ilia's Tinted Lip Conditioner in Wild Child, a beautiful warm, hydrating tomato red. And voila! 



The Breakdown:

Foundation: YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in BR20 Pinky Beige
Concealer: Inglot Under Eye Concealer in Shade #95 (on dark circles) and Estee Laduer Double Wear Stay in Place Flawless Wear Concealer in 01 Light (on redness and blemishes)

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Wearing Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural  (on t-zone) and Alima Pure Satin Finishing Powder in Keiko

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 02 Fair Matte
Blush: H&M Beauty Powder Blush in Imperial Red
Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: MAC Eye Shadows in Sumptuous Olive (all over the lid, blended up to the crease), Humid (smudged along upper lash line and into lower lash line), Patina (as a transition in the crease), and Retrospeck (as a highlight on the brow bone and inner corners of the eye)

Eyeliner: Mac Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line
Mascara: The HotShop Long Lash Mascara (from the Born Pretty Store)

Lipstick: Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in Wild Child


 

And a few more shots of the look:




I will keep this conclusion brief because I am leaving Toronto momentarily, but I want to wish everyone an incredible Holiday break and I hope you all have a wonderful season full of family, friends, food... and colourful makeup! I will do my best to keep up with regular posts leading up to Christmastime, so for now I will sign off by wishing you all a lovely weekend! xo

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I am obsessed with olive green shades right now so I need to go get Golden Olive asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney! The shadow I'm wearing is actually Sumptuous Olive (got them mixed up, whoops!), but Golden Olive is also a lovely pigment of MAC's :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jen, is this golden olive or sumptuous olive? Because I googled golden olive and it's a pigment...if it is a pigment how do you get it to stick as an eyeshadow? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're totally right, Stacey- it's Sumptuous Olive! I have them both and tend to mix them up :)

      Delete
    2. I was thinking I need that eyeshadow!! But I have it and am going to wear it today! X

      Delete
  3. I am running out of thing to say. Sooooo pretty! I love Sumptuous Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favourite look so far. I love the olive green shadow and I am a real fan of the lip colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only recently started noticing olive green and have bought a couple of tops in that shade but not makeup (yet!). Another gorgeous look, Jennifer!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so festive & beautiful. Good for you for going outside the box on this look! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)