FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 3 December 2015

Kiehl's Gives Good Hydration (and GWPs)!

Hi, everyone! Two weeks ago Hudson's Bay held their annual Fall Beauty Gala- an evening of deals, gifts, and free food!- so I enlisted a work friend of mine to join me for the event. The store was totally buzzing (DJ and all!) and luckily I didn't have to agonize over what to purchase, as I'd already made a pre-order at Kiehl's. My love of the brand has been totally rekindled lately and they were offering a pretty great gift on the night, so I was sold! 


Kiehl's had several tempting holiday gift options and the kit I ended up selecting was The Ultimate Daytime Regimen set, which features five different staple products that can be used daily for increased hydration. The set retails for $80CAD and has a value of over $105CAD, which makes it a pretty good bargain! While some of Kiehl's other kits included active, anti-aging items, I selected this set because oftentimes what my oily, sensitive skin needs worst during the harsh wintertime is a dose of gentle moisture. So this seemed like the perfect ticket! 

The Ultimate Daytime Regimen comes housed in a red canvas makeup bag with white detailing on the outside and a festive print on the inner lining. It features two full-sized products and three minis. Inside was:

Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate (50mL- full size)
One of the brand's newer offerings, this is a super lightweight serum that is designed to hydrate, plump, and soothe the skin. My skin is really loving it so far!It doesn't add any grease to the skin, yet seems to hydrate super well. 
Ultra Facial Cream (50mL- full size)
This is a no-fuss moisturizer that I'm loving even more than expected! It's a no-fuss basic cream that feels super rich at first, but sinks in wonderfully. It really leaves my skin dewy, but not at all oily. 
Ultimate Strength Hand Salve (30mL- deluxe mini)
I haven't used this yet, but I can imagine this will be a winter handbag staple. It's supposed to be heavy-duty without a heavy feel.
Ultra Facial Cleanser (30mL- deluxe mini)
I'm usually try to avoid foaming cleansers, as they tend to irritate my skin, but this one is designed to be gentle and non-stripping. I'm sure it'll grace my travel skin care bag soon!
Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque (7mL-mini)
I love a good overnight mask, especially in the wintertime. If this is anything like the Ultra Facial Cream, I'll be totally smitten.

Here's a shot of everything included in the set (plus the delicious Kiehl's cookie given to me at the gala- look how pretty!):


The Kiehl's promotion the night of the beauty gala let you select 5 deluxe product samples with any purchase over $75. Since my set was just over this mark, I was able to score this amazing gift! There were about 10 samples to chose from, and I opted for:

Calendula Herbal Extract Toner (40mL)
Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream (7mL)
Rosa Arctica Youth Generating Cream (7mL)
Amino Acid Conditioner x2 (30mL)

I had also selected a mini of their Rare Earth Cleanser, but it seems they made a mistake (or ran out of the Rare Earth) and included an extra conditioner. I was going to bring it to their attention, until I realized that I needed a travel conditioner much more than a mini cleanser, so I stuck with it! 

Here's a look at the GWP I received:


At the gala I got to chat with my new favourite Kiehl's sales associate, Tristan, who also gave my friend and I a generous amount of packet samples. A nice final touch! And yeah, have you noticed that the cookie has made it into almost every shot? Was pretty obsessed with how it looked and tasted :)


I have a pretty good sense that these new goodies from Kiehl's are going to keep my finicky skin calm, plump, and hydrated all Winter long. I'll keep you posted as to how I'm liking them! And as for the cookie? It's long gone ;)


Have you picked up any holiday skin care sets or attended any beauty events lately? Any favourites from Kiehl's? What skin care products do you reach for when extra hydration is needed?

Have an amazing weekend! xo


8 comments:

  1. I'd be really interested to see a review of the Ultra Facial Cream! I'm kind of looking for a good daytime moisturizer -- it's one thing I've struggled with. I still haven't been able to find my holy grail!

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dem Kiehl's are amazzzzzing!!LOVE all of their products!
    kisses
    xoBeckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I want this so badly !!!!!!!!!! :)


    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to always have at least a few Kiehl's products in my stash but at the moment I'm all out. This begs for a trip to the city!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products! I am yet to try kiehl's products.
    Have a great day!
    www.reviewwali.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go to Nanaimo again so I can buy some products for me to try but I have sooooo much to go through now, maybe early next year I'll finally make some dent in my skincare collection.

    Reflection of Sanity | Palmer's Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still don't understand why I haven't ever tried Khiels. I'll have to get on that!!!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you got some pretty awesome gifts with purchase! Sounds like a really fun event. And that cookie is like a little work of art! Darnit, now I'm hungry... ;)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)