FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 31 December 2015

New Year's Eve Makeup with Chanel Vamp Attitude

Hi, everyone! I realize I'm stating the obvious, but it's New Year's Eve today- how the heck did that happen!? Despite time flying at a beyond rapid pace, looking back, I am able to say that 2015 was a wonderfully full year for me. It was a year of several exciting milestones- I defended my PhD and graduated, my first-ever niece was born- and of countless enriching experiences- I visited New York City with my parents and developed friendships with so many fellow bloggers. Indeed, 2015 will go down as pretty unforgettable!

While the year has been epic, my plans for New Year's Eve will be more subdued, but that's just how I like it. A small gathering at our place full of nerdy board games, healthy(ish) snacks, and a touch (ok, maybe more than a touch) of festive drinking. But just because the evening will be on the quiet side, it doesn't mean my makeup has to follow suit. When planning my look for the night (yes, I plan my makeup even when I'm staying in!), I quickly gravitated towards the goodies I picked up from Chanel's Vamp Attitude Holiday 2015 collection. They pay homage to Chanel's iconic Vamp nail polish in all of its rich, sultry glory. 


The first item I picked up was one of my most exciting makeup finds of the year. The star of the Vamp Attitude collection was their Le Top Coat Lame Rouge Noir Gold Sparkle Nail Coat, perhaps the most beautiful, unique top coat I've seen. It comes in a sheer, plummy base and is filled with golden glitter. When you shake the bottle, it's like the most luxurious snow globe imaginable. Seriously! Check it:


I label this find as thrilling because this was one of the items that sold out pretty much before the collection was even released at counters. I had come to terms with the fact that I had missed out on this beauty gem. But when Kaitlyn, Liz, and I were chatting with our favourite sales associate at Shoppers Drug Mart Eaton Centre (she knew us all separately and it tripped her out to see us all together), a light bulb went off and she let us know that she had one sad top coat left behind, pre-ordered and abandoned. I think I shrieked with joy when she told us this and I eagerly raised my hand to claim the polish. A pre-Christmas miracle! 

Here is a peek at the Le Top Coat lame Rouge Noir on my nails, layered over Chanel's Le Vernis Nail Colour in Orage, a deep navy:



The second item I selected from the collection is also all kinds of awesome. I love an eyeliner that's deep and rich, yet not your typical black, so Le Crayon Kohl in Rouge Noir fit the bill perfectly! It's a deep reddish plummy black that is ultra creamy and smudgy, yet wears amazingly well. Here's a swatch of Rouge Noir on the back of my hand:


And here is my completed makeup look, centering around the Chanel Vamp Attitude vibe:


In addition to Rouge Noir liner, I reached for Chanel's Les Quatres Ombres eye shadow palette in Tisse Rivoli (its mix of beiges and plums complement Rouge Noir perfectly) and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, a killer near-nude to balance the smokier eye. For the cheeks, I kept the blush on the neutral side, reaching for MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty, a muted peachy pink, and I added some mandatory NYE glow courtesy of BeneFit Watts Up highlighter. I finished my face with a few spritzes of Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Mist for some extra luminosity and bulked up my tresses with Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray

Here are a couple more shots of the look:



Long story short- makeup miracles do happen and even the most low-key of New Year's deserves a bit of glam!

I want to extend a huge thank you for all of your love and support during 2015. It is beyond appreciated! I hope you all have an incredible celebration tonight and I want to wish all the best to you in 2016. Happy New Year! xo


16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Jen! Ahh, your makeup is spot on ;-) I am trying to control myself when it comes to the CHANEL holiday collection, but that nail polish is everything ;-)

    It was so good to meet you (at last!!) this year, and hope we'll run into each other more in 2016!!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Steph! Was great to finally meet you in 2015- hope we get to cross paths again soon! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the vampy eyeliner! Happy new years to you and I hope you have a fun night of board games!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Thanks, Angela- Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. love the look as always. you are always such an inspiration to me for make up looks! and yea, sparkly nails. totatly nye!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, dude! Happy New Year! xo

      Delete
  4. Stunning as always, Jen. That glitter is incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mali! I agree- properly obsessed with the nail polish :)

      Delete
  5. Happy 2016! Love the makeup and the nails are super fun!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks are so unique, I love the colors! xx Lexi

    www.thepalepalette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Jen!!! I haven't an eye pencil that shade before. It's super nice and just a little different from the usual black without being over the top.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is a wearable, but unique liner! Happy New Year, Kat! xo

      Delete
  8. I am catching up on your posts. I love this look. It is really one of my favs. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charissa!! Happy New Year to you and your family! xo

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)