FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 7 March 2016

Look of the Day: Rosy Red Carpet (Reese Witherspoon Inspired)

Hi, everyone! If you peeked at last week's Oscars Beauty post, you'll know that I always draw some serious makeup inspiration from the Academy Awards red carpet. I shared several swoon-worthy looks from the night, but my absolute favourite was Reese Witherspoon's fresh, rosy look. Reese hasn't been a regular makeup inspiration for me, but this time around, I was completely taken with her glowing skin and flushed cheeks. So very pretty! 


Reese's 2016 Oscars look was created by makeup artist Molly R. Stern (you can check out her Instagram, here), who actually took the time to comment on my Instagram shot of this look. An ultimate fangirl moment! The makeup caught my eye especially because it was classic, flattering, and perfect for Spring- not an overly bold brow or ultra contoured cheek in sight! Just fresh, pretty, and glamorous. 

Molly brought this look to life with a variety of Chantecaille products (a brand I'm totally obsessed with), including Future Skin foundation and Red Juniper Lip Chic. But it was Reese's bold, healthy blush that especially drew me in. We all know I'm a fan of vibrant cheeks! For the blush, Molly used Chantecaille Cheek Gelee in Happy (a luminous pinky peach creme blush) topped with Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Flair (a saturated, matte coral pink powder blush). Given the first words out of my mouth when Reese hit the Oscars stage were ("what is on her cheeks? I need that in my life"), I obviously had to head down to Saks and pick this duo up :)


I re-created Reese's luminous skin with my new favourite foundation combo, Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation No10 mixed with By Terry Light-Expert Click Brush Illuminating Flawless Foundation in Rosy Light. I set the foundation with the natural, glowy Alima Pure Satin Finishing Powder in Keiko and highlighted the high points of my face with RMS Living Luminzer. Reese's cheekbones were softly contoured, so I did the same with NYX Powder Blush in Taupe. For the blush, I applied the exact same duo used on Reese last weekend. I started by applying Chantecaille Cheek Gelee in Happy to the apples of my cheeks, blending upwards and slightly outward to the cheekbones. I then swept Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Flair to the apples of my cheeks, just below Happy to add some further sculpting. 

I didn't have a full concept of Reese's eye makeup (as I could not find any shots with her eyes closed), but I knew that it featured shimmery golden shadows in the inner half of the eyes (particularly near the tear ducts) and a more neutral shade on the outer half of the lids and lower lash lines. To mimic this, I first applied a mix of MAC Ricepaper and Motif on the inner half of my lid, brow bones, and inner corners of the eye. I contrasted that with a mix of MAC Woodwinked and Inglot Double Sparkle Shadow #459 on the outer half of my lid and crease and along the outer portion of my lower lashes. I finished off by patting a mix of MAC Retrospeck and Inlgot Shine Shadow #08 on the inner corners of my eye. I could tell that Reese was wearing a very thin sweep of eyeliner, so I did the same with Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes Waterproof Liner in 0L, smudging it slightly to soften the line. I finished off with two coats of my favourite volumizing mascara, BeneFit They're Real

For the lips, Molly Stern used a mix of two rosy red lipsticks, so I followed suit! I first applied Tom Ford Lips and Boys Lipstick in Tony, concentrating the colour on the outer edges of my lips, and topped it with Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amaryllis

I finished off the makeup with a few spritzes of Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Mist to add some extra freshness to the skin. And that's it! 




The Breakdown:

Foundation: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation No10 mixed with By Terry Light Expert Click Brush Illuminating Flawless Foundation Brush in Rosy Light
Concealer: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer in Light

Powder: Alima Pure Satin Finishing Powder in Keiko 

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 02 Fair Matte

Contour: NYX Powder Blush in Taupe
Blush: Chantecaille Cheeke Gelee in Happy topped with Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Flair
Highlighter: RMS Living Luminizer

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel 

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
Eye Shadow: MAC Motif and Ricepaper (on inner half of lids and brow bone), MAC Retrospeck and Inglot Shine 08 Shadow (to add sparkle to inner corners of the eye), and MAC Woodwinked and Inglot Double Sparkle #459 Shadow (on outer corners, crease, and outer half of lower lash line)

Eyeliner: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Liner in 0L
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real

Lipstick: Tom Ford Lips and Boys Lipstick in Tony topped with Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amaryllis

 

And a few more shots of the look:



And finally, to highlight the true magic of makeup, here are 'before' and 'after' shots for this makeup look. It's amazing what some luminous foundation and rosy blush and lipstick can do! 



I'm so happy I chose to re-create this look- I felt so fresh, pretty, and Springy all day long! I'm also glad to have splurged on the Chantecaille cheek products, as both are totally gorgeous, flattering, and long-wearing. Luxurious and lovely! 

What were your favourite beauty looks from the Oscars? Is this a makeup look that appeals to you? Have you ever been inspired by Reese Witherspoon's makeup?

Have a fantastic week! xo


13 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on this look! I love how she went soft here with the contour. It makes her look very youthful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jen! I love the way it all comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I love how pretty this look is & you recreated it so well! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really pretty look on you, I'm a big Reese fan and she looked gorgeous. I've always wanted to try the Chantecaile Future skin, if it's good enough for Reese...!
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, that blusher is a stunner! Love this look on you, Jennifer, you did a brilliant job recreating it!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that blush is amazing on you! I also love the lipstick! :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing recreation! The cheek combo is fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reese always has such lovely makeup. I love the blush color on you!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the QUEEN of cover-up! Your base is awesome. And you did a great job copying the look, I can really see Reese in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovvve your make up! SO GLAM and gorgeous babe! That lipstick is perfect and your brows are perfection!
    kisses
    xoBeckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty look Jen, you're definitely channeling Reese!

    Makeup Monster

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great bebes!
    XX
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)