FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 25 May 2016

Look of the Day: Gilded Violet

Hi, everyone! If you peeked at my last post, you'll know that I've fallen quite smitten with the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 #10. It's a stunning mix of plums and golds with a unique variety of textures and finishes. I'm always saying that I should play with purple shadows more often (I love the way they look with my brown eyes) and this palette gives me the perfect motivation! For today's makeup, I aimed to create an eye look with a perfect balance of boldness and wearability. A look that shows off the palette's bold hues without overwhelming my face. I hope you enjoy it! 


For the eyes, I started by applying Satin Skin, the mid-tone neutral brown of the palette, all over the lids, up to the crease as a base. I then swept Vintage, a shimmery neutral plum across the crease, concentrating it on the outer half of the eyes. For some extra definition, I applied Aubergine, a deep matte eggplant, to the outer half of the crease and outer corners of the eye, then added some serious sparkle by packing True Gold all over my lids. For a pop of colour, I used Nina's Orchid, a warm vivid violet, on the inner half of the crease and along the lower lash line. As a finishing step, I patted a small amount of True Gold to the centre of my lower lash line. I completed the eyes with a swipe of plummy liner (Chanel's Rouge Noir Le Crayon Kohl) and lots of BeneFit They're Real Mascara


For the cheeks and lips, I wanted to keep things neutral (to let the eyes remain the standout), but not washed out. I reached for Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure, a killer neutral plum, adding touches of highlight to the high points of my face using Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop. On the lips, I used MAC's Satin Lipstick in Brave. It really is a perfect neutral- a touch of beige, a hint of pink, with a tint of plum. So, so good! 


Here's a closeup of the blush, highlighter, and shadow, followed by a full breakdown of everything I used! 


The Breakdown:

Foundation: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation No10 mixed with By Terry Light Expert Click Brush Illuminating Flawless Foundation Brush in Rosy Light
Concealer: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer in Light

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder #011

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in 02 Fair Matte
Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure
Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl and Champagne Pop

Brows: ecobrow Defining Wax in Sharon and Marilyn

Primer: 
Blinc Eye Shadow Primer in Light Tone
Eye Shadow: (from the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 #10): Satin Skin (all over lid, blended up to the crease), Vintage (through the crease, concentrated on outer corners), Aubergine (to add extra depth to crease and outer corners), True Gold (packed all over the lid and on the centre of the lower lash line), and Nina's Orchid (above the crease, concentrated on the inner half of the eye and along the lower lash line) and The Body Shop Colour Crush Eye Shadow in Oh, Honey (as a highlight on the brow bone and inner corners of the eye)

Eyeliner: Chanel Le Crayon Kohl in Rouge Noir
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real

Lipstick: MAC Satin Lipstick in Brave


And a few more shots of the look:





Ah, golds and purples really are such a fun colour combination and the Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 #10 makes it sooo easy to indulge. These shadows really make me feel one part disco queen, one part ethereal fairy. Another dreamy combo in my books! 

Have you tried any Natasha Denona shadows? What are your favourite purple and gold eye shadows?

Have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by! xo


22 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely. I had fun reading your new post!


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yess so pretty! I love golds and purples and these are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jodi! These shades would look lovely on you :)

      Delete
  3. In love with this makeup!

    Take care doll!! Ps: I'm hosting a Giveaway. I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I see your makeup, I feel like I need to add more colour to my life and actually wear them! Gold&purple mixture is beautiful!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks so much! It always makes my day to hear I've inspired someone to play with colour :)

      Delete
  5. I love purple eyeshadow but don't think I've ever mixed it with gold before - must give it a go! xx

    Beautylymin| Bobbi Brown Define & Glow Palette Gift Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try- fun combination! xo

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love the gold blended out into the purple, and the rest of your makeup compliments your eyes perfectly. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! I'm so impressed with this palette :)

      Delete
  7. The blush and highlighter closeup is gorgeous! Well done, I love the final result, purple looks so good on you :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty look! I always love your looks! :)

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suuuuuuuch pretty colors <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melissa! These shades would look great on you :)

      Delete
  10. Benefit They're Real looks amazing on you! It's just a clumpy mess on my lashes. :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It really seems to be a love it or hate it mascara!

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)